It’s fresh fermented salsa time at the Hiller-Homestead! In the spirit of keeping it simple, I’m going to dive right into the directions so you can get your list together, and get eatin’!!
Gather all your organic ingredients together before you begin chopping – freshly washed of course!
- Roma tomatoes
- red onions
- garlic cloves
- fresh cilantro
- presoaked-precooked black beans.
- Finely chop all ingredients (except the black beans), and add all to a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Grate and add the zest off of the limes before juicing into the salsa mixture.
- Toss everything together; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add jalapenos or chilies, if desired.
Enjoy fresh, or allow to sit at room temperature overnight to ferment for some healthy probiotics!