POULTRY BONE BROTH RECIPE
- Chicken or Turkey, carcass bones and/or whole pieces
- Organic chicken stock (keep an eye on your flyers – it’s often on sale!)
- COMPOST SCRAPS (tidbits leftover from prepping veggies) *see photos below
- Onion, 1 large — diced
- Carrots, 2 – 3 diced
- Celery, 2 stalks diced
- Garlic, 2-3 cloves minced (or a tsp of dried)
- Fresh herbs of choice — I used Sage & Thyme, or you can use dried (1-2 tsp to taste preference)
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, or slow-cooker:
- Add all ingredients and allow to simmer for 2 whole days, keeping an eye on the fluid level so it doesn’t reduce too much. Add water as needed.
- [I turn my slow-cooker off at night, then back on first thing in the morning for another full day of simmering]
- Season with salt and pepper to taste — and use in your favourite soup (or other) recipe!
- Can be prepped in larger batches and frozen for future use.