Yesterday’s honey garlic chicken, turned into tonight’s soup!
Last evening, I placed some black beans in a covered pot to soak, and then I cooked them today in preparation for this meal.
The chicken pieces were deboned, and the bones and some scrap onion casings were placed into a pot to simmer for several hours, becoming the soup base broth.
The leftover chicken meat was diced, onions and carrots sliced……seasonings and beans in, and lid on……
Go put your feet up and relax while it does it’s magic and becomes amazing!
- Chicken broth — homemade or store-bought organic
- Cooked chicken, diced
- Carrots, sliced
- Onions, sliced
- Black beans, *pre-cooked (can be made in big batches and frozen for future uses)
- Herbs of choice (1/2 – 1 tsp) — I often use oregano, thyme, basil (italian blend)
- Seasonings (1/2 – 1 tsp) — Cajun blend, & Chili Powder
- Fresh cilantro – optional, but does add some extra flavour!
- Sea salt & crushed black pepper
- Tomato sauce — approx 1/4 cup
- Heat broth in medium-large pot.
- Add all ingredients, stir, and cover. Allow to simmer for a few minutes and add more seasonings if needed.
- Allow to simmer over medium-low heat for approximately 30 minutes until veggies are softened. [I prefer a longer simmer time to allow flavours to blend]
- Bon appetit!