Do you ever look in your refrigerator and wonder — “Hmmm, what should I make for dinner tonight?” — because you forgot to plan ahead?
Thankfully I often have a well-stocked fridge and pantry so throwing this together at the last minute wasn’t too big of a deal —-
I also decided to add some of this beautiful organic fennel that I purchased from Farm Bound, an amazing organic food delivery service serving many locations here in BC.
- Sausages of your choice
- Veggies — fennel, onions or shallots, peppers, mushrooms, garlic
- Organic Tomato Marinara Sauce
- Cream of choice
- Parmesan Cheese
- Seasonings — cajun, italian blend — or combo of oregano, basil, marjoram, rosemary, pinch of cayenne or chili flakes if desired!
- Olive oil of choice
- Cooked penne — or whichever pasta you prefer!
- Boil water for pasta.
- Heat your grill.
- While your pasta is cooking, toss your sausages on one side of the grill,over medium-low heat.
- Add oil to a grill-safe pan next to your sausages — (I use my cast iron….they’re the bomb) — and toss in the veggies and seasonings.
- Slice up your sausages and add to the veggie pan.
- When veggies are cooked to your liking, add a bit of tomato sauce, & desired cream/milk to the pan.