Tonight’s dinner – fast and easy!
While it won’t win any awards for beauty, this dish was tasty!
- Zucchini – medium to large size
- Broccoli – and whatever else you’d like to add – ie peppers, mushrooms, etc
- Marinara sauce
- Grated cheese – your preference – I used havarti.
- Italian sausage meat, casings removed
- Optional – extra seasonings – I used some garlic powder, cajun seasoning, and extra italian seasoning blend during the frying of the meat and veggies.
- Pan fry sausage meat with veggies.
- Scoop out flesh and seeds from zucchini, dice and add to the pan with the meat.
- Add sauce once meat is no longer pink. (Don’t add too much or your meat will be very watery)
- Remove meat sauce from the pan and wipe/rinse out.
- Place zucchini shells in the pan. Fill with meat sauce, and cover. Heat until shells are softened, and top with grated cheese.
- Replace the lid and heat until cheese is melted.
- OPTIONAL – 350 oven — Place zucchini shells on baking sheet and fill with meat sauce. Cook until softened. Cover with cheese and put back in oven until cheese is melted.