Yesterday I roasted a 22 lb turkey, so of course I needed my turkey sammich fix!! These roti wraps were perfect!
Mayo, dijon mustard, your favourite relish or cranberry sauce — some sprouts, lettuce……Dig in!
Roti Recipe and Video
Soft rotis made at home with a very detailed demonstration of each step — from making the dough to rolling, cooking and applying ghee!
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour for dusting and rolling
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp oil
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp ghee for brushing on the rotis (I used softened, organic butter)
- Start by placing the flour in a big pan — add salt if you want.
- Next – add the oil and massage a little, then slowly add the water (I didn’t need it all) — and bind dough. Knead the dough for a good 5 min until the dough is nice and smooth.
- Make the individual rounds (approx 10 – 12); cover with extra flour and let the dough rest for about 25 min.
- Take each round and flatten with your rolling pin.
- Heat a pan on the stove and bake the naan as illustrated in the video.
- Brush with ghee or clarified butter if desired. Enjoy!